Managing Your Network
N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router DGN2200M Mobile Edition
Configure Remote Management
Using the Remote Management screen, you can allow a user or users on the Internet to
configure, upgrade, and check the status of your wireless modem router.
Note: Be sure to change the wireless modem router’s default password to
a very secure password. The ideal password should contain no
dictionary words from any language and should be a mixture of
letters (both uppercase and lowercase), numbers, and symbols.
Your password can be up to 30 characters.
To configure remote management:
1. Under Advanced in the main menu, select Remote Management.
2. Select the Turn Remote Management On check box.
3. Specify the external addresses allowed to access the router remotely. For security, restrict
access to as few as practical:
• To allow access from any IP address on the Internet, select Everyone.
• To allow access from a range of IP addresses, select IP address Range. Then enter
a beginning and ending IP address to define the allowed range.
• To allow access from a single IP address on the Internet, select Only This Computer.
Enter the IP address that will be allowed access.
4. Specify the port number that will be used for accessing the router menu.
Web browser access usually uses the standard HTTP service port 80. For greater
security, you can specify a custom port by entering that number in the field provided.