N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router DGN2200M Mobile Edition
7. Enter the IP subnet mask for this destination. If the destination is a single host, type
8. Enter the gateway IP address, which needs to be a router on the same LAN segment as the
9. Enter a number between 2 and 15 in the Metric field. This represents the number of routers
between your network and the destination. Usually, a setting of 2 or 3 works.
10. Click Apply. The Static Routes table is updated to show the new entry.
Configure Universal Plug and Play
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) helps devices such as Internet appliances and computers
access the network and connect to other devices as needed. UPnP devices can
automatically discover the services from other registered UPnP devices on the network.
To configure Universal Plug and Play:
1. On the main menu, select UPnP:
2. Fill in the settings on the UPnP screen:
• Turn UPnP On. UPnP can be enabled or disabled for automatic device configuration.
The default setting for UPnP is enabled. If UPnP is disabled, the wireless modem
router does not allow any device to automatically control the resources, such as port
forwarding (mapping), of the wireless modem router.
• Advertisement Period. The advertisement period is how often the wireless modem
router advertises (broadcasts) its UPnP information. This value can range from 1 to