N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router DGN2200M Mobile Edition
• The LAN networks of the wireless modem router and other access points are
configured to operate in the same LAN network address range as the LAN devices.
• Only one access point, the DGN2200M Mobile Edition wireless modem router in
Figure 2, Multi-point bridge mode, is configured in point-to-multi-point bridge mode; all
the others are in point-to-point bridge mode.
• All APs, including the DGN2200M Mobile Edition wireless modem router, need to be
on the same LAN. That is, all the access point LAN IP addresses need to be in the
• If you are using DHCP, for all access points, in the Internet IP Address section of the
Basic Settings screen, the Get Dynamically from ISP check box should be selected.
• All APs, including the DGN2200M Mobile Edition wireless modem router, need to use
the same SSID, channel, authentication mode, if any, and WEP security settings if
security is in use.
• All point-to-point APs need to have the MAC address of AP 1 (the DGN2200M Mobile
Edition wireless modem router in the previous figure) in the Remote AP MAC address
4. Verify connectivity across the LANs. A computer on any LAN segment should be able to
connect to the Internet or share files and printers with any other computers or servers
connected to any of the three LAN segments.
Note: Wireless stations configured as they are in Figure 1 on page 92 will
not be able to connect to the wireless modem router or access
points. If you require wireless stations to access any LAN segment,
you can use additional access points configured in wireless access
point mode in any LAN segment.
Repeater with Wireless Client Association
In the repeater mode with wireless client association, the DGN2200M Mobile Edition wireless
modem router sends all traffic to a remote access point. For the repeater mode, you need to
enter the MAC address of the remote “parent” access point. Alternatively, you can configure
the DGN2200M Mobile Edition wireless modem router as the parent by entering the address
of a “child” access point. Note that the following restrictions apply:
• You do not have the option of disabling client associations with this DGN2200M Mobile
Edition wireless modem router.
• You cannot configure a sequence of parent-child APs. You are limited to only one parent
access point, although if the DGN2200M Mobile Edition wireless modem router is the
parent access point, it can connect with up to four child APs.