N600 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Change the LAN TCP/IP Settings
The router is preconfigured to use private IP addresses on the LAN side and to act as a
DHCP server. The router’s default LAN IP configuration is as follows:
•LAN IP address. 192.168.1.1
•Subnet mask. 255.255.255.0
These addresses are part of the designated private address range for use in private networks
and are suitable for most applications. If your network requires a different IP addressing
scheme, you can change these settings.
You might want to change these settings if you need a specific IP subnet that one or more
devices on the network use, or if you use competing subnets with the same IP scheme.
To change the LAN TCP/IP settings:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Setup > LAN Setup.
5. In the IP Address field, type the IP address.
6. In the IP Subnet Mask, type the subnet mask of the router.
The IP address and subnet mask identify which addresses are local to a specific device
and which must be reached through a gateway or router.