N600 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
4. Select Guest Network.
5. Scroll to the section for the guest WiFi network that you want to set up.
The default guest wireless network names (SSIDs) are as follows:
•NETGEAR-Guest is for the 2.4 GHz WiFi band.
•NETGEAR-5G-Guest is for the 5 GHz WiFi band.
6. Leave the Enable SSID Broadcast check box selected.
Allowing the router to broadcast its wireless network name (SSID) makes it easier to find
your network and connect to it. If you clear this check box, that creates a hidden network.
7. Give the guest network a name.
The guest network name is case-sensitive and can be up to 32 characters. You then
manually configure the wireless devices in your network to use the guest network name in
addition to the main SSID.
8. For the wireless channel and mode, leave the default settings selected.
9. Select a security option.
The WPA2 options use the newest standard for the strongest security. WPA2 is the
10. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.