Specify Your Internet Settings
N600 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
For the other sections in this screen, the default settings usually work, but you can
8. Select an Internet IP Address radio button:
•Get Dynamically from ISP. Your ISP uses DHCP to assign your IP address. Your ISP
automatically assigns these addresses.
•Use Static IP Address. Enter the IP address, IP subnet mask, and the gateway IP
address that your ISP assigned. The gateway is the ISP router to which your router
9. Select a Domain Name Server (DNS) Address radio button:
•Get Automatically from ISP. Your ISP uses DHCP to assign your DNS servers. Your
ISP automatically assigns this address.
•Use These DNS Servers. If you know that your ISP requires specific servers, select
this option. Enter the IP address of your ISP’s primary DNS server. If a secondary
DNS server address is available, enter it also.
10. Select a Router MAC Address radio button:
•Use Default Address. Use the default MAC address.
•Use Computer MAC Address. The router captures and uses the MAC address of the
computer that you are now using. You must use the one computer that the ISP
•Use This MAC Address. Enter the MAC address that you want to use.
11. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
12. Click the Test button to test your Internet connection.
If the NETGEAR website does not display within one minute, see Chapter 13,
Specify an Internet Connection That Uses a Login
To specify the Internet connection settings:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home screen displays.