Specify Your Internet Settings
N600 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
•Get Automatically from ISP. Your ISP uses DHCP to assign your DNS servers. Your
ISP automatically assigns this address.
•Use These DNS Servers. If you know that your ISP requires specific servers, select
this option. Enter the IP address of your ISP’s primary DNS server. If a secondary
DNS server address is available, enter it also.
14. Select a Router MAC Address radio button:
•Use Default Address. Use the default MAC address.
•Use Computer MAC Address. The router captures and uses the MAC address of the
computer that you are now using. You must use the one computer that the ISP
•Use This MAC Address. Enter the MAC address that you want to use.
15. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
16. Click the Test button to test your Internet connection.
If the NETGEAR website does not display within one minute, see Chapter 13,
Specify IPv6 Internet Connections
Note: To specify IPv6 settings, you must upgrade the router’s firmware. See
Update the Router Firmware on page 93.
You can set up an IPv6 Internet connection if genie does not detect it automatically.
To set up an IPv6 Internet connection:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > IPv6.
The Basic Settings screen displays.
5. In the Internet Connection Type menu, select the IPv6 connection type:
•If your ISP did not provide details, select IPv6 Tunnel.