Specify Your Internet Settings
N600 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
7. (Optional) In the DHCP Domain Name (If Required) field, enter a domain name.
You can type the domain name of your IPv6 ISP. Do not enter the domain name for the
IPv4 ISP here. For example, if your ISP’s mail server is mail.xxx.yyy.zzz, type xxx.yyy.zzz
as the domain name. If your ISP provided a domain name, type it in this field. For
example, Earthlink Cable might require a host name of home, and Comcast sometimes
supplies a domain name.
8. Select an IP Address Assignment radio button:
•Use DHCP Server. This method passes more information to LAN devices but some
IPv6 systems might not support the DHCv6 client function.
•Auto Config. This is the default setting.
This setting specifies how the router assigns IPv6 addresses to the devices on your home
network (the LAN).
9. (Optional) Select the Use This Interface ID check box and specify the interface ID to be
used for the IPv6 address of the router’s LAN interface.
If you do not specify an ID here, the router generates one automatically from its MAC
10. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Set Up an IPv6 6to4 Tunnel Internet Connection
The remote relay router is the router to which your router creates a 6to4 tunnel. Make sure
that the IPv4 Internet connection is working before you apply the 6to4 tunnel settings for the
To set up an IPv6 Internet connection by using a 6to4 tunnel:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > IPv6.
The IPv6 screen displays.