N600 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Wi-Fi Multimedia Quality of Service
Wi-Fi Multimedia Quality of Service (WMM QoS) prioritizes wireless voice and video traffic
over the WiFi link. WMM QoS is automatically enabled for the router.
WMM QoS prioritizes wireless data packets from different applications based on four access
categories: voice, video, best effort, and background. For an application to receive the
benefits of WMM QoS, WMM must be enabled for both it and the client running that
application. Legacy applications that do not support WMM and applications that do not
require QoS are assigned to the best effort category, which receives a lower priority than
voice and video.
To disable WMM QoS:
1. Launch an Internet browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Setup > QoS Setup.
The QoS screen displays.
5. Clear the Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings (2.4 GHz b/g/n) check box.
6. Clear the Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings (5 GHz b/g/n) check box.
7. Click the Apply button.
Your changes are saved.