Share a Storage Device Attached to the Router
N600 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Windows file manager automatically opens and displays the files and folders on the
Map a USB Device to a Windows Network Drive
To map the USB device to a Windows network drive:
1. Visit www.netgear.com/readyshare.
2. In the ReadySHARE USB Storage Access pane, click the PC Utility link.
The readyshareconnect.exe file is downloaded to your computer.
3. Launch readyshareconnect.exe.
4. Select the drive letter to map to the network folder.
5. To connect to the device as a different user, select the Connect using different
credentials check box and do the following:
a. Type the user name and password.
b. Click the OK button.
6. Click the Finish button.
The device is mapped to the drive letter that you specified.
Back Up Windows Computers with ReadySHARE Vault
Your router comes with free backup software for all the Windows computers in your home.
Connect a USB hard disk drive (HDD) to the router for centralized, continuous, and automatic
The following operating systems support ReadySHARE Vault:
•Windows XP SP3