Manage Your Network
N600 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Change the admin Password
This feature let you change the default password that is used to log in to the router with the
user name admin. This password is not the one that you use for WiFi access.
Note: Be sure to change the password for the user name admin to a secure
password. The ideal password contains no dictionary words from any
language and contains uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers,
and symbols. It can be up to 30 characters.
To set the password for the user name admin:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password.
5. Type the old password, and type the new password twice.
6. To be able to recover the password, select the Enable Password Recovery check box.
NETGEAR recommends that you enable password recovery.
7. Click the Apply button.
Your changes take effect.
Recover the admin Password
NETGEAR recommends that you enable password recovery if you change the password for
the router user name admin. Then you can recover the password if it is forgotten. This