8PSS-A50 Owner’s Manual
Turning the Power On/
Turning the power on
Press the [ ](Standby/On) switch.
The display lights.
Turning the power to Standby
Press the [ ](Standby/On) switch for a second.
Adjusting the Master
Volume range: 00–15 (default: 13)
• Volume will be reset to the default value of 13 when
“Initialization” (page 13) is done.
You can shift the pitch up or down in octave
Changing the pitch
• To reset the octave setting to the default value of “00,”
press the OCTAVE buttons simultaneously.
• When the Octave setting is -03, -04, +03 or +04, some
Voice sounds too soft to hear, or the pitch in one octave
sounds same as other (up or down) octave.
Down Up Octave value “-04” –
“04” will be shown.
This function lets you automatically trigger musi-
cal and rhythmic phrases and backing patterns
by simply pressing a key or keys on the keyboard.
Select an Arpeggio type.
Use the [-] and [+] buttons.
• Refer to the Arpeggio category list on the panel.
• Holding down the [-] or [+] button continuously
decreases or increases the value. While holding down
the [SHIFT] button, each press of the [-] or [+] button
jumps to each Arpeggio category top.
• No. 117–138 are drum patterns. Play with a Drum Kit
Voice and “Hold” (page 9) to use it as a rhythm track.
• Selecting a Voice automatically selects the optimum
Arpeggio type for the Voice.
Selected type number
will be shown.
This dot lights to indicate
an Arpeggio number.