If you notice any abnormality
• If any of the following abnormalities occur, immediately turn off the power and
disconnect the power plug.
- The power cord/plug is damaged.
- An unusual smell or smoke is emitted from the unit.
- Foreign material gets into the interior of the unit.
- There is a loss of sound during use.
- There is a crack or damage in the unit.
Continued use could cause electric shocks, a fire, or malfunctions. Immediately
request an inspection or repair from the dealer where you purchased the unit or
from qualified Yamaha service personnel.
• Be careful not to drop or apply strong impact to this unit. If you suspect the unit may
have been damaged due to dropping or impact, immediately turn off the power and
pull the power plug from the AC outlet. Failure to observe this may cause electric
shocks, a fire, or malfunctions. Immediately request an inspection from the dealer
where you purchased the unit or from qualified Yamaha service personnel.
This content indicates “risk of injury.”
Power supply/power cord
• Do not use an AC outlet where the power plug fits loosely when inserted. Failure to
observe this may cause a fire, electric shocks, or burns.
• When removing the electric plug from the unit or an AC outlet, always hold the plug
itself and not the cord. Pulling by the cord can damage it and cause electric shocks
or a fire.
• Insert the power plug firmly all the way into the AC outlet. Using the unit when it is
not plugged in sufficiently can cause dust to accumulate on the plug, causing a fire
• Do not place the unit in an unstable position where it might accidentally drop or fall
over and cause injuries.
• Do not block this unit's ventilation holes (cooling slits). This unit has ventilation
holes on the bottom to prevent the internal temperature from becoming too high.
Failure to observe this may trap heat inside the unit, causing a fire or malfunctions.
• When installing this unit:
- Do not cover it with any cloth.
- Do not install it on a carpet or rug.
- Make sure the top surface faces up; do not install on its sides or upside down.
- Do not use the device in a confined, poorly-ventilated location.
Failure to observe the above may trap heat inside the unit, causing a fire or
malfunctions. Ensure that there is adequate space around the unit: at least 10 cm
(4 in) on top, 10 cm (4 in) on the sides, and 10 cm (4 in) on the rear.
• Do not place the unit in a location where it may come into contact with corrosive
gases or salt air or places that have excessive smoke or steam. Doing so may
result in malfunction.
• Avoid being near the unit during a disaster, such as an earthquake. Since the unit
may turn over or fall and cause injury, quickly move away from the unit and go to a
• Before moving this unit, be sure to turn off the power switch and disconnect all
connection cables. Failure to observe this may damage the cables or cause you or
someone else to trip and fall.
• Be sure to request that the dealer where you purchased the unit or qualified service