Manage the WiFi Network Settings
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
Manage the WPS Settings
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) lets you join the WiFi network without typing the WiFi
password. You can change the WPS default and security settings.
To manage WPS settings:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings.
The Wireless Settings page displays.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
The Router’s PIN field displays the fixed PIN that you use to configure the modem
router’s WiFi settings from another platform through WPS.
6. To disable the PIN, clear the Enable Router’s PIN check box.
By default, the Enable Router’s PIN check box is selected and the modem router’s PIN is
enabled. For enhanced security, you can disable the modem router’s PIN by clearing the
Enable Router’s PIN check box. However, when you disable the modem router’s PIN,
WPS is not disabled because you can still use the physical WPS button.
7. To keep the PIN enabled and change the number of times that a PIN connection is allowed
to fail before the PIN is automatically disabled, enter a number in the field.
By default, the PIN is automatically disabled after three failed connection attempts. If the
PIN is automatically disabled, the WiFi LED on the front panel of the modem router blinks
blue. The PIN remains disabled until you restart the modem router.
Note: The PIN function might temporarily be disabled automatically if the
modem router detects suspicious attempts to break into the modem
router’s WiFi settings by using the modem router’s PIN through WPS.