Control Access to the Internet
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
If the service or application does not display in the list, you can add it (see Add an
Outbound Firewall Rule for a Custom Service or Application on page 132).
9. Specify which devices on your LAN (or LAN users) are affected by the rule, based on their
•Only This IP Address. Enter the required address in the fields to apply the rule to a
single device on your LAN.
•IP Address Range. Enter the required addresses in the start and end fields to apply
the rule to a range of devices.
•All IP Addresses. All computers and devices on your LAN are covered by this rule.
By default, the All IP Addresses radio button is selected.
10. Click the Add button.
The new rule is added to the Service Table on the Block Services page.
Add an Outbound Firewall Rule for a Custom Service or
The modem router lists many default services and applications that you can use in outbound
rules. If the service or application is not predefined, you specify a custom service or
application in an outbound rule.
To add an outbound firewall rule for a custom service or application:
1. Find out which protocol and port number or range of numbers the service or application
You can usually find this information by contacting the publisher of the service or
application or through online user or news groups.
2. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
3. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
4. Enter the user name and password for the modem router.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
5. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
6. Select ADVANCED > Security > Block Services.