Share a Storage Device
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
Back Up Windows Computers with ReadySHARE Vault
The modem router comes with free backup software for all the Windows computers in your
home. Connect a USB hard disk drive (HDD) to the modem router for centralized,
continuous, and automatic backup.
The following operating systems support ReadySHARE Vault:
To back up your Windows computer:
1. Connect a USB HDD to one of the USB ports on the modem router.
2. Visit www.netgear.com/readyshare.
3. Scroll down to the A Happy Home Is Filled With Love And Safely Stored Data section.
4. Click the Download the installer and get started link.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to download the utility file.
6. Launch the ReadySHAREVault-install.exe file and install the utility.
The Dashboard page displays.
7. Use the dashboard or the Backup tab to set up and run your backup.
Manage Access to a Storage Device
You can specify the device name, workgroups, and network folders for a storage device
connected to the USB port on the modem router.
To specify the storage device access settings:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the user name and password for the modem router.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > USB Functions > ReadySHARE Storage.