Access Storage Devices Through the Internet
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
Set Up a New Dynamic DNS Account
NETGEAR offers you the opportunity to set up and register for a free Dynamic DNS account.
To set up Dynamic DNS and register for a free NETGEAR account:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. In the address field of your browser, enter http://routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Type admin for the user name and type your password.
If you did not yet personalize your password, type password for the password.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Dynamic DNS.
6. Select the Use a Dynamic DNS Service check box.
7. From the Service Provider menu, select NETGEAR.
8. Select the No radio button.
9. In the Host Name field, enter the name that you want to use for your URL.
The host name is sometimes called the domain name. Your free URL includes the host
name that you specify and ends with mynetgear.com. For example, specify
10. In the Email field, enter the email address that you want to use for your account.