Use the Modem Router as a Media Server
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
Specify ReadyDLNA Media Server Settings
By default, the modem router functions as a ReadyDLNA media server, which lets you view
movies and photos on DLNA/UPnP AV-compliant media players, such as Xbox360,
Playstation, and NETGEAR media players.
To specify media server settings:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > USB Functions > ReadySHARE Storage.
The USB Storage (Advanced Settings) page displays with the ReadySHARE tab
5. Click the Media Server tab.
6. Specify the settings:
•Enable Media Server. Select this check box to enable this device to function as a
•Enable TiVo support. Select this check box if you want to play ReadyNAS media or
media from a USB device on your TiVo device.
For more information, see the Play Media from a USB Device on TiVo on page 181.
•Media Server Device Name. Specify the name of the media server.
By default, the media server name is ReadyDLNA:6400.
7. Click the Apply button.
Your changes are saved.