Use the Modem Router as a Media Server
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
Play Media from a USB Device on TiVo
You can set up your TiVo to access media files stored on a USB device that is connected to
your modem router. The TiVo must be on the same network as the modem router. This feature
supports the following file formats:
•Video. See and play mpeg1, and mpeg2 files.
•Music. See and play MP3 files.
•Pictures. View images in jpg format.
You can use the TiVo (Series 2 and up) Home Media Option to play photos and music on
your Windows or Mac computer in your TiVo user interface.
To set up the modem router to work with TiVo:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > USB Storage > Media Server.
The Media Server Settings page displays.
6. Make sure that the Enable TiVo support check box is selected.
7. If you changed the setting, click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
To play videos:
1. On the TiVo, select TiVo Central > My Shows.
2. Go to the bottom of the list and select the D6400.
(In the following figure, the page shows not D6400 but R8000.)