Manage the WAN and LAN Network Settings
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
Manage the Router Information Protocol Settings
Router Information Protocol (RIP) lets the modem router exchange routing information with
other routers. By default, RIP is enabled in both directions (in and out) without a particular
To manage the RIP settings:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the user name and password for the modem router.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Setup > LAN Setup.
6. In the RIP direction menu, select one of the following options:
•Both. The modem router broadcasts its routing table periodically and incorporates
information that it receives. This is the default setting.
•Out Only. The modem router broadcasts its routing table periodically but does not
incorporate the RIP information that it receives.
•In Only. The modem router incorporates the RIP information that it receives but does
not broadcast its routing table.