Install and Access the Modem Router and Its Network
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
Cable the Modem Router for DSL Service and Access the
The following figure shows the cabling of your modem router for DSL service.
Figure 6. Modem router cabling for DSL service
To connect your modem router to a DSL service:
1. Unplug your DSL modem’s power, leaving the DSL modem connected to the wall jack
for your Internet service.
2. If your DSL modem includes a battery backup, remove the battery.
3. Install an ADSL or DSL microfilter between the phone line and the phone.
The product package contains either an ADSL or a DSL microfilter.
4. Use a phone cable to connect the microfilter to the gray DSL port on the modem router.
The product package contains a phone cable.
5. If your DSL modem includes a battery backup, reinsert the battery.
6. Plug in your DSL modem’s power and turn on your DSL modem.