Manage the Modem Router and Monitor the Traffic
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
The Internet Traffic Statistics section helps you to monitor the data traffic. For more
information, see View the Traffic Statistics and Traffic Status on page 237.
Unblock the Traffic Meter After the Traffic Limit Is Reached
If you configured the traffic meter to disconnect and disable the Internet connection after the
traffic limit is reached, you cannot access the Internet until you unblock the traffic meter.
If your ISP set a traffic limit, your ISP might charge you for the overage
To unblock the traffic meter:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the user name and password for the modem router.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Traffic Meter.
The Traffic Meter page displays.
6. In the Traffic Control section, clear the Disconnect and disable the Internet connection
7. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Manage the Modem Router Remotely
The remote management feature lets you access your modem router securely over the
Internet to view or change its settings. You must know the modem router’s WAN IP address
to use this feature. For information about remote access using Dynamic DNS, see Chapter 8,
Access Storage Devices Through the Internet.