Manage the Modem Router and Monitor the Traffic
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
Note: Be sure to change the password for the user name admin to a secure
password. The ideal password contains no dictionary words from any
language and contains uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers,
and symbols. It can be up to 30 characters. See Change the admin
Password on page 37.
To set up remote management:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the user name and password for the modem router.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Remote Management.
6. Select the Turn Remote Management On check box.
7. In the Allow Remote Access By section, specify the external IP addresses to be allowed to
access the modem router’s remote management.
Note: For enhanced security, restrict access to as few external IP addresses