Manage the Internet Settings Manually
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
Use the Internet Setup Wizard After Initial Setup
Whether you use DSL service or cable or fiber service, you can use the Setup Wizard to
detect your Internet settings and automatically set up your modem router.
Note: The Setup Wizard is the same as NETGEAR genie that launches the first
time that you connect to your modem router.
To use the Setup Wizard:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Setup Wizard.
6. From the Country menu, select the country in which you use the modem router.
7. From the Internet Service Provider menu, select the Internet service provider (ISP) that
you are using.
If your ISP is not in the menu, select Other.
8. Select the Yes radio button.
If you select the No radio button, you are taken to the Internet Setup page after you click
the Next button (see Manually Set Up an ADSL Internet Connection on page 47).
9. Click the Next button.