Manage the Internet Settings Manually
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
Specify an ADSL Connection with a Login Requirement and
PPPoA or PPPoE Service
If you want to manually configure the ADSL connection settings, use the information that your
ISP gave you to log in and connect to your Internet service. If you cannot find this information,
contact your ISP. Entering incorrect information might prevent the modem router from
connecting to the Internet.
The modem router provides a virtual Internet interface and a virtual IPTV interface. In most
situations, you only need to configure the Internet interface. If you use an IPTV device, you
might also need to configure the IPTV interface. Follow the directions that your ISP gave you.
Note: If you must configure the IPTV interface, first use the following
procedure to configure the Internet interface. Then, repeat the
procedure to configure the IPTV interface.
To view or specify the settings for an ADSL Internet connection that requires a login
and uses a PPPoE or PPPoA service:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select Internet.
The Internet Setup page displays.
6. From the Select Country menu, select the country in which you use the modem router.
The Select Country menu is not available in all countries and might be masked out.
7. From the Select Internet Service Provider menu, select the Internet service provider (ISP)
that you are using.
If your ISP is not in the menu, select Other.
8. From the Transfer Mode menu, select ATM.
9. From the DSL Mode menu, select the ADSL mode that your ISP provided you:
•Auto. The modem router detects the DSL mode automatically. (This is the default
•ADSL. Legacy version of ADSL.