Manage the Internet Settings Manually
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
The modem router provides a virtual Internet interface and a virtual IPTV interface. In most
situations, you only need to configure the Internet interface. If you use an IPTV device, you
might also need to configure the IPTV interface. Follow the directions that your ISP gave you.
Note: If you must configure the IPTV interface, first use the following
procedure to configure the Internet interface. Then, repeat the
procedure to configure the IPTV interface.
To view or specify the settings for a VDSL Internet connection that requires a login
and uses a PPPoE service:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select Internet.
The Internet Setup page displays.
6. From the Select Country menu, select the country in which you use the modem router.
The Select Country menu is not available in all countries and might be masked out.
7. From the Select Internet Service Provider menu, select the Internet service provider (ISP)
that you are using.
If your ISP is not in the menu, select Other.
8. From the Transfer Mode menu, select PTM.
When you select PTM from the Transfer Mode menu, the only option in the DSL Mode
menu is VDSL2.
9. Select the virtual interface:
•Internet interface. From the menu above the Enable This Interface check box,
leave the default menu selection at Internet.
In most situations, you only need to configure the Internet interface.
•IPTV interface. From the menu above the Enable This Interface check box, select
If you use an IPTV device, you might need to configure the IPTV interface.
10. Make sure that the Enable This Interface check box is selected.