Manage the Internet Settings Manually
AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D6400
9. Select an IP Address Assignment radio button:
•Use DHCP Server. The modem router assigns IPv6 addresses to the devices on your
home network (the LAN) through a DHCP server. This method passes more information
to LAN devices, but some IPv6 systems might not support the DHCPv6 client
function. This is the default setting.
•Auto Config. The modem router automatically configures its IPv6 address based on the
10. To specify the interface ID for the IPv6 address of the modem router’s LAN interface, select
the Use This Interface ID check box, and enter the interface ID.
If you do not specify an ID here, the modem router generates one automatically from its
11. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Set Up an IPv6 PPPoE Connection
An IPv6 PPPoE connection is based on a dynamic IPv6 address that a PPPoE service
assigns to the modem router.
Note: Follow the directions that your IPv6 ISP gave you.
To set up an IPv6 PPPoE Internet connection:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > IPv6.
The IPv6 page displays.
6. From the Internet Connection Type menu, select PPPoE.