MOTIF Setting Up
When MIDI “Echo” is disabled on the software/computer, set the MOTIF Local Switch to “on.”
nAlthough not indicated in the illustration above, the MOTIF actually receives and responds to MIDI data from the
computer application (sequencer), regardless of the Local Sw setting on the MOTIF.
* MIDI “Echo” is a function on sequencers that takes any data received via the MIDI IN and “echoes” it (or sends
it as is) through the MIDI OUT. In some software, this function is also called “MIDI Thru.”
nRefer to the owner's manual of your particular software for speciﬁc instructions.
Connecting to an External SCSI Device
Reference (page 262)
This SCSI-2 50-pin connector (D-sub, half-pitch) can be used to connect to an external SCSI data storage device —
allowing you to conveniently save and store large quantities of data. For details about SCSI and connecting SCSI
devices, see page 64.
nThe SCSI ID for the MOTIF and for the connected SCSI device are set in the File mode (page 265).
◆ MOTIF-compatible SCSI devices/disks
• Only DOS-format disks can be used by the MOTIF for saving data. Disks formatted by the MOTIF are
formatted using DOS format.
• Disks formatted to DOS format by a personal computer can be used with the MOTIF. However, for best results,
we recommend using disks formatted by the MOTIF.
• When formatted using the MOTIF, disks with a capacity of less than 2GB are formatted using FAT16 format,
and larger disks are formatted using FAT32 format.
• MO disks which can be used with the MOTIF include capacities of 128 MB, 230 MB, and 540 MB. MO disks
with a capacity of 640 MB and above cannot be used.
• The MOTIF can use removable media of capacities of up to 2 GB. Even if larger drives are connected, the
MOTIF can only use a maximum of 2 GB. Furthermore, all removable media are formatted using the FAT16
format, and partitioning is not possible.
• When a 31 GB disk is formatted, four 7.75 GB partitions will be created automatically.
Echo Back Off
MOTIF Local Sw=on
Hard Disk, etc.
PAN REVERB CHORUS TEMPO
ATTACK RELEASECUTOFF RESONANCE
ASSIGN A ASSIGN B ASSIGN 1 ASSIGN 2
KN 1 KN 2 KN 3 KN 4
MEQ LOW MEQ HI MIDMEQLOWMID MEQ HIGH
EFFECT BYPASS ARPEGGIO
INSERTION SYSTEM ON/OFF
VOLUME VOLUME 1 VOLUME 2 VOLUME 3 VOLUME 4
CS 1 CS 2 CS 3 CS 4
ZONE 1 ZONE 2 ZONE 3 ZONE 4
VOICE PERFORM MASTER
SONG PATTERN FILE
SAMPLING MIXING UTILITY
EDIT JOB STORE
COMPARE SCENE STORE
SONG SCENE SF 1SF 2SF 3SF 4SF 5
F1 F2 F3 F4 F6F5
Real-timeExternalControl Sur face
ModularSynthesis Plug-in System
SLOT 1 SLOT 2 SLOT 3
PRE 1 PRE 2 PRE 3 GM USER PLG 1 PLG 3
A. PIANO KEYBOARD ORGAN GUITAR/
PLUCKED BASS STRINGS BRASS REED/PIPE
SYN LEAD SYN PAD/
CHOIR SYN COMP CHROMATIC
PERCUSSION SE MUSICAL FX COMBI
910 11 12 13 14 16