280 MOTIF Appendix
Pitch or intervals are wrong.
• Is the Master Tune parameter in the Utility mode set at a value other than “0”? page 250
• Is the Note Shift parameter in the Utility mode set at a value other than “0”? page 250
• When the voice produces a wrong pitch, is the appropriate tuning system selected from Micro Tuning parameter
in the Voice Edit mode? page 130
• When the voice produces a wrong pitch, is the LFO Pitch Modulation Depth in the Voice Edit mode set too high? page 147
• When the performance produces a wrong pitch, is the Note Shift parameter of each part set at a value other than “0”? page 173
• When the performance produces a wrong pitch, is the Detune parameter of each part set at a value other than “0”? page 173
• When the song/pattern playback produces a wrong pitch, is the Note Offset parameter in the Groove display set
at a value other than “0”? pages 181, 218
Only one note sounds at a time.
• Is the Mono/Poly parameter in the Voice mode set to “mono”? page 130
No effect is applied.
• Is the [EFFECT BYPASS] button turned off? page 13
• Have the [REVERB] and [CHORUS] buttons been turned fully counter-clockwise (to the minimum)? pages 48, 84
• Have any or all of the elements’ Effect Output parameter been set to “thru”? page 137
• Have any or all of the effect types been set to “thru” or “off” (in the Effect display of the Voice Edit mode)? page 137
Song/Pattern cannot be started.
• Does the selected song or pattern (phrase) contain data? pages 179, 217
• Is the Remote Control turned on? page 13
• Is the MIDI sync parameter set to MIDI (using external clock) in the Utility mode? page 258
Song/Pattern (Phrase) cannot be recorded.
• Is there enough free memory for recording? The total MOTIF memory capacity determines the number of
songs/patterns (phrases) that can be recorded. For example, if the memory contains songs/patterns (phrases)
that use up a large amount of memory, the memory may become full even though the available pattern or song
numbers are not all used. pages 275, 276
• In the Pattern Record mode, does the speciﬁed track to which the Phrase is assigned have preset data?
Recording cannot be done to a track that contains preset data. page 221
Can’t record samples.
• Have you exceeded the maximum allowable number of samples (key banks)? page 60
• Is there enough free sample memory? page 276
• Is the Sampling Source setting appropriate? page 236
• Is the Trigger mode set appropriately? page 237
Can’t save data to the Memory card or the SCSI disk.
• Is the Memory card or SCSI disk being used write protected? (Write-protect should be set to off for saving data.) pages 289, 290
• Is the Memory card or SCSI disk being used properly formatted? page 265
MIDI bulk data transmission/reception won’t work properly.
• Is the Receive Bulk parameter set to “protect” in the Utility mode? page 258
Plug-in board does not work.
• Is the lamp of the corresponding slot number to which the Plug-in board has been installed lit? page 87
• Has the Vocal Harmony Plug-in board been installed to slot 2 or 3 ? (The VH board should be installed to slot 1.) page 282
• Has the Multi-part Plug-in board been installed to slot 1 or 2 ? (The Multi-part Plug-in board should be installed to slot 3.) page 282