9. Specify a new QoS rule for a service or application by completing the following
•QoS Policy for. Enter a name for the QoS rule.
•Priority. Select the priority (Highest,High,Normal, or Low) that must be assigned
to the service or application.
The priority selections correspond to the queue columns in the QoS rules table.
•Connection Type. Select the protocol (TCP or UDP) that is associated with the
service or application.
If you are unsure, select TCP/UDP.
•Starting Port. Enter the start port number for the service or application.
•Ending Port. Enter the end port number for the service or application.
10. On the QoS - Priority Rules page, click the Apply button.
The new QoS rule is added to the QoS rules table.
11. On the QoS Setup page, click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Add a custom QoS rule for a device
You can assign a traffic priority to a device on your network.
To add a QoS rule for a device:
1. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
User Manual102Optimize Performance
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124