The version firmware is stated in the Firmware Version field at the top right of the
Manage the configuration file of the access
The configuration settings of the access point/router are stored within the access
point/router in a configuration file. You can back up (save) this file to your computer or
Back up the access point/router configuration file
You can save a copy of the current configuration settings.
To back up the access point/router’s configuration file:
1. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Administration > Backup Settings.
The Backup Settings page displays.
6. Click the Back Up button.
7. Choose a location to store the file on your computer.
The backup file ends in .cfg.
User Manual135Maintain and Monitor the Access
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124