point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Traffic Meter.
The Traffic Meter page displays.
6. Select the Enable Traffic Meter check box.
By default, no traffic limit is specified and the traffic volume or connection time is
7. In the Traffic Counter section, set the traffic counter to begin at a specific time and
8. To start the traffic counter immediately, click the Restart Counter Now button.
9. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
The Internet Traffic Statistics section helps you to monitor the data traffic. For more
information, see Router mode: View the Internet traffic volume and statistics on page
Router mode: Restrict Internet traffic by volume
You can record and restrict the traffic by volume in MB. This is useful when your ISP
measures your traffic volume.
To record and restrict the Internet traffic by volume:
1. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
User Manual156Maintain and Monitor the Access
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124