point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Remote Management.
The Remote Management page displays.
6. Select the Turn Remote Management On check box.
7. In the Allow Remote Access By section, specify the external IP addresses to be allowed
to access the router’s remote management.
Note: For enhanced security, restrict access to as few external IP addresses as
Select one of the following radio buttons and configure the options accordingly:
• Only This Computer. To allow access from a single IP address on the Internet,
select the Only This Computer radio button. Enter the IP address to be allowed
• IP Address Range. To allow access from a range of IP addresses on the Internet,
select the IP Address Range radio button. Enter a beginning and ending IP
address to define the allowed range.
•Everyone. To allow access from any IP address on the Internet, select the Everyone
radio button. This radio button is selected by default.
8. Specify the port number for accessing the access point/router’s local browser
The default port number is 8443, which is a common alternate for HTTPS. For greater
security, you can enter a custom port number. Choose a number from 1024 to 65535,
but do not use the number of any common service port.
9. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
User Manual162Maintain and Monitor the Access
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124