To enable FTP access within the access point/router network:
1. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > USB Storage > ReadySHARE.
The USB Storage (Advanced Settings) page displays.
FTP is disabled by default.
6. Select the FTP check box.
You can type ftp://readyshare.routerlogin.net/shares to access the USB storage
device within the access point/router network and download or upload files. In this
URL, readyshare is the name that is specified in the Network/Device Name field. If
you change the name in the Network/Device Name field from readyshare to another
name, the link changes accordingly.
You can also click the link that is shown in the Link column. The fixed port is number
7. To enable password protection, select the Admin Password Protection check box.
8. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
User Manual177Share a USB Storage Device
Attached to the Access
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124