To set up Home Sharing, you need an Apple account and the latest version of iTunes
installed on your Windows-based computer or Mac.
To set up the access point/router’s iTunes server to play music on iTunes:
1. Connect a USB storage device to the USB port on the access point/router.
2. If your USB storage device uses a power supply, connect it.
You must use the power supply when you connect the USB storage device to the
When you connect the USB storage device to the access point/router’s USB port, it
might take up to two minutes before it is ready for sharing. By default, the USB
storage device is available to all computers and mobile devices on the access
3. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
4. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
5. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
6. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
7. Select ADVANCED > USB Storage > ReadySHARE > Media Server.
The Media Server (Settings) page displays.
8. Select the Enable iTunes Server (Music Only) check box.
9. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
10. On your Windows-based computer or Mac, launch iTunes.
11. Select File > Home Sharing > Turn On Home Sharing.
The Home Sharing page displays.
User Manual187Use the Access Point/Router as
a Media Server
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124