12. Enter your Apple ID email address and password.
13. Click the Turn On Home Sharing button.
When Home Sharing is enabled, a Home Sharing icon displays in iTunes.
14. Click the Home Sharing icon and from the menu, select the access point/router.
The music that is on the USB device that is connected to the access point/router
displays in iTunes.
Set up the access point/router’s iTunes server with the
You can play music from a USB device that is connected to the USB port on the access
point/router on your iPhone or iPad using the Apple Remote app.
To set up the access point/router’s iTunes server to play music on your iPhone or
1. Connect a USB storage device to the USB port on the access point/router.
2. If your USB storage device uses a power supply, connect it.
You must use the power supply when you connect the USB storage device to the
When you connect the USB storage device to the access point/router’s USB port, it
might take up to two minutes before it is ready for sharing. By default, the USB
storage device is available to all computers and mobile devices on the access
3. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your access point/router’s WiFi network.
4. Download the Remote app from the Apple App Store.
5. Launch the Remote app from your iPhone or iPad.
6. In the Remote app, click the Add a Device button.
The passcode displays in the Remote app.
7. Specify the passcode in the access point/router to set up your iTunes server by doing
a. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
b. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same
network as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the
User Manual188Use the Access Point/Router as
a Media Server
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124