Router mode: Set up FTP access through the Internet on the access point/router on
To access a USB storage device with FTP from a remote computer to download or
upload a file:
1. Take one of the following actions:
•To download a file from a storage device connected to the access point/router,
launch a web browser.
•To upload a file to a storage device connected to the access point/router, launch
an FTP client such as Filezilla.
2. Type ftp:// and the Internet port IP address in the address field of the browser.
For example, if your IP address is 10.1.65.4, type ftp://10.1.65.4/shares.
If you are using DDNS, type the DDNS name. For example, type
ftp://MyName.mynetgear.com/shares, in which MyName is your DDNS name.
3. When prompted, enter the same credentials that you use for local login to the access
If you did not yet change the default password for local login, enter admin as the
user name and password as the password.
The files and folders that your account can access on the storage device display. For
example, you might see share/partition1/directory1.
4. Navigate to a location on the storage device.
5. Download or upload the file.
User Manual198Router Mode: Manage Dynamic
DNS and FTP Access Through
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124