4. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
5. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
6. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > VPN Service.
The VPN Service page displays.
7. Make sure that the Enable VPN Service check box is selected.
For more information, see Router mode: Enable and configure OpenVPN and VPN
client access on the access point/router on page 200.
8. In the OpenVPN configuration package download section, click the For
non-Windows button, and download the access point/router’s VPN configuration
9. Unzip the configuration files and copy them to the folder in which the OpenVPN
client utility is installed.
The Mac is now ready to for you to set up a VPN connection to the access point/router.
For more information about using OpenVPN on a Mac computer, visit
Router mode: Install the OpenVPN client utility and VPN
configuration files on an iOS device
To download and install the OpenVPN client utility and the access point/router’s
VPN configuration files on an iOS device:
1. On your iOS device, visit the Apple app store and download and install the OpenVPN
2. Launch a web browser from the iOS device or a computer, either of which must be
connected to the access point/router network.
3. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
User Manual204Router Mode: Set up VPN
Connections with OpenVPN
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124