If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
4. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
5. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
6. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > VPN Service.
The VPN Service page displays.
7. Make sure that the Enable VPN Service check box is selected.
For more information, see Router mode: Enable and configure OpenVPN and VPN
client access on the access point/router on page 200.
8. In the OpenVPN configuration package download section, click the For Smart Phone
button, and download the access point/router’s VPN configuration files to your iOS
device or computer.
If you download the configuration files to a computer, unzip the configuration files
that you downloaded and send the files to your iOS device.
The configuration files include the .ovpn file.
9. On your iOS device, open the .ovpn file, select the OpenVPN Connect app, and
import the .ovpn file.
Your iOS device is now ready to for you to set up a VPN connection to the access
For more information about using OpenVPN on an iOS device, visit
Router mode: Install the OpenVPN client utility and VPN
configuration files on an Android device
To download and install the OpenVPN client utility and the access point/router’s
VPN configuration files on an Android device:
1. On your Android device, visit the Google Play Store and download and install the
OpenVPN Connect app.
2. Launch a web browser from the Android device or a computer, either of which must
be connected to the access point/router network.
3. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
User Manual205Router Mode: Set up VPN
Connections with OpenVPN
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124