If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
4. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
5. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
6. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > VPN Service.
The VPN Service page displays.
7. Make sure that the Enable VPN Service check box is selected.
For more information, see Router mode: Enable and configure OpenVPN and VPN
client access on the access point/router on page 200.
8. In the OpenVPN configuration package download section, click the For Smart Phone
button, and download the access point/router’s VPN configuration files to your
Android device or computer.
If you download the configuration files to a computer, unzip the configuration files
that you downloaded and send the files to your Android device.
The configuration files include the .ovpn file.
9. On your Android device, start the OpenVPN Connect app, and search for and import
the .ovpn file.
Your Android device is now ready to for you to set up a VPN connection to the access
For more information about using OpenVPN on an Android device, visit
User Manual206Router Mode: Set up VPN
Connections with OpenVPN
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124