Manage Airtime Fairness
Airtime fairness ensures that all clients receive equal time on the network. Network
resources are divided by time, so if five clients are connected, they each get one-fifth
of the network time. The advantage of this feature is that your slowest clients do not
control network responsiveness. This feature is disabled by default, but you can enable
To enable airtime fairness:
1. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Advanced Wireless Settings.
The Advanced Wireless Settings page displays.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Enable AIRTIME FAIRNESS check
7. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved. The radios restart and WiFi clients might need to reconnect.
User Manual220Manage the Advanced WiFi and
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124