3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select BASIC > Internet.
The Internet Setup page displays.
6. Select the No radio button.
This is the default setting.
7. If your Internet connection requires an account name (sometimes referred to as a
host name), enter it in the Account Name field.
The account name is the same as the device name, which, by default, is WAC124.
8. If your Internet connection requires a domain name, enter it in the Domain Name
For the other sections on this page, the default settings usually work, but you can
9. Select an Internet IP Address radio button:
• Get Dynamically. Your ISP uses DHCP to automatically assign an IP address and
related settings to the access point/router.
• Use Static IP Address. Enter the static IP address, IP subnet mask, and gateway
IP address that your ISP assigned to the access point/router. The gateway is the
ISP router to which the access point/router connects.
10. Select a Domain Name Server (DNS) Address radio button:
• Get Automatically from ISP. Your ISP uses DHCP to assign DNS servers to the
• Use These DNS Servers. If you know that your ISP requires specific servers, select
this option. Enter the IP address of your ISP’s primary DNS server. If a secondary
DNS server address is available, enter it also.
11. Select a Router MAC Address radio button:
• Use Default Address. Use the default access point/router MAC address that
displays on the Dashboard page and the access point/router label.
• Use Computer MAC Address. The access point/router captures and uses the
MAC address of the computer that you are now using to change the settings.
Sometimes an ISP allows the MAC address of a particular computer only.
User Manual41Specify the Access Point/Router
Internet Settings Manually
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124