Router mode: Set up an IPv6 6to4 tunnel Internet
The remote relay router is the router to which your router creates a 6to4 tunnel. Make
sure that the IPv4 Internet connection is working before you apply the 6to4 tunnel
settings for the IPv6 connection.
To set up an IPv6 Internet connection by using a 6to4 tunnel:
1. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > IPv6.
The IPv6 page displays.
6. From the Internet Connection Type menu, select 6to4 Tunnel.
The page adjusts. The access point/router automatically detects the information in
the Router’s IPv6 Address on LAN field. This field shows the IPv6 address that is
acquired for the access point/router’s LAN interface. The number after the slash (/)
is the length of the prefix, which is also indicated by the underline (_) under the IPv6
address. If no address is acquired, the field displays Not Available.
7. Select a Remote 6to4 Relay Router radio button:
• Auto. Your access point/router uses any remote relay router that is available on
the Internet. This is the default setting.
• Static IP Address. Enter the static IPv4 address of the remote relay router. Your
IPv6 ISP usually provides this address.
User Manual51Specify the Access Point/Router
Internet Settings Manually
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124