length of the prefix, which is also indicated by the underline (_) under the IPv6
address. If no address is acquired, the field displays Not Available.
7. Select an IPv6 Domain Name Server (DNS) Address radio button:
• Get Automatically from ISP. Your ISP uses DHCP to assign your DNS servers.
Your ISP automatically assigns these addresses.
• Use These DNS Servers. If you know that your ISP requires specific servers, select
this option. Enter the IP address of your ISP’s primary DNS server. If a secondary
DNS server address is available, enter it also.
8. In the LAN Setup section, select an IP Address Assignment radio button:
• Use DHCP Server. This method passes more information to LAN devices but
some IPv6 systems might not support the DHCPv6 client function.
• Auto Config. This is the default setting.
This setting specifies how the access point/router assigns IPv6 addresses to the
devices on your home network (the LAN).
9. (Optional) In the LAN Setup section, select the Use This Interface ID check box and
specify the interface ID to be used for the IPv6 address of the access point/router’s
If you do not specify an ID here, the access point/router generates one automatically
from its MAC address.
10. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Router mode: Set up an IPv6 passthrough Internet
In pass-through mode, the router works as a Layer 2 Ethernet switch with two ports (LAN
and WAN Ethernet ports) for IPv6 packets. The access point/router does not process
any IPv6 header packets.
To set up a pass-through IPv6 Internet connection:
1. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
User Manual54Specify the Access Point/Router
Internet Settings Manually
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124