software button to let a WiFi device join only the main WiFi network, not the guest WiFi
To let a WiFi device join the access point/router’s main WiFi network using WPS
with the push button method:
1. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > WPS Wizard.
The Add WPS Client page displays and shows a description of the WPS method.
6. Click the Next button.
By default, the Push Button (recommended) radio button is selected.
7. Either click the button onscreen or press the WPS button on the rear panel of the
For two minutes, the access point/router attempts to find the WiFi device (that is,
the client) that you want to join the access point/router’s main WiFi network.
During this time, the WiFi LED on the top panel of the access point/router blinks
8. Within two minutes, go to the WiFi device and press its WPS button to join the access
point/router’s main WiFi network without entering a password.
After the access point/router establishes a WPS connection, the WiFi LED lights and
the Add WPS Client page displays a confirmation message.
User Manual71Manage the Basic WiFi and
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124