9. To verify that the WiFi device is connected to the access point/router’s WiFi network,
select BASIC > Attached Devices.
The WiFi device displays onscreen.
Use WPS with the PIN method
To use the PIN method to connect a WiFi device to the access point/router’s WiFi
network, you must know the PIN of the WiFi device that you are trying to connect.
To let a WiFi device join the access point/router’s WiFi network using WPS with
the PIN method:
1. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > WPS Wizard.
The Add WPS Client page displays and shows a description of the WPS method.
6. Click the Next button.
The Add WPS Client page adjusts.
The Push Button (recommended) radio button is selected by default.
7. Select the PIN Number radio button.
8. In the Enter Clients' PIN field, enter the PIN number of the WiFi device.
9. Click the Next button.
User Manual72Manage the Basic WiFi and
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124