8. To remove a device from the allowed list, do the following:
a. Select the check box for the device.
b. Click the Delete button.
The device is removed from the allowed list.
9. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Add or remove a device from the blocked list
If you set up an access list that allows all new devices to access your network but you
want to block some devices, you must specify the devices that you want to block.
To add or remove a device from the blocked list:
1. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Security > Access Control.
The Access Control page displays.
6. Click the View list of blocked devices not currently connected to the network
A table displays the detected device name, MAC address, and connection type of
the devices that are not connected and are blocked from accessing the network.
User Manual84Manage the Firewall and
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124