your LAN. The access point/router lists many default services and applications that you
can use in blocking rules. You can also add a service blocking rule for a custom service
Note: The information in this section and subsections does not apply if the access
point/router is in access point mode.
Router mode: Add a service blocking rule for a predefined
service or application
The access point/router lists many predefined services and applications that you can
use in outbound rules.
You can add a service blocking rule to prevent access to a specific service or application
on the Internet.
To add a service blocking rule:
1. Open a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
access point/router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
If you are not connected to the access point/router network but to the same network
as the access point/router, enter the IP address that is assigned to the access
point/router. If you do not know the IP address, see Find the IP address of the access
point/router on page 29.
The Sign-In page displays. You are prompted to sign in with your NETGEAR account.
If the access point/router is not connected to the Internet, you are prompted to sign
in with the local login credentials (see Log in to the access point/router when it is
not connected to the Internet on page 28).
3. Click the Login button.
The NETGEAR Account Login page displays.
4. Enter your registered email address and password and click the LOG IN button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Security > Block Services.
The Block Services page displays.
6. In the Services Blocking section, specify how the access point/router applies outbound
• Per Schedule. Use service blocking according to a schedule that you set.
User Manual90Manage the Firewall and
AC2000 802.11ac Wireless Access Point/Router WAC124