PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR
The engine oil should be between the
minimum and maximum level marks.
4. If the engine oil is below the mini-
mum level mark, add sufficient oil
of the recommended type to raise
it to the correct level.
To change the engine oil (with or
without oil filter cartridge replace-
1. Place the vehicle on a level sur-
2. Start the engine, warm it up for
several minutes, and then turn it
3. Place an oil pan under the engine
to collect the used oil.
4. Remove the engine oil filler cap
and drain bolt to drain the oil from
Skip steps 5–7 if the oil filter cartridge is
not being replaced.
5. Remove the oil filter cartridge with
an oil filter wrench.
An oil filter wrench is available at a
6. Apply a thin coat of engine oil to
the O-ring of the new oil filter car-
1. Engine oil level check window
2. Maximum level mark
3. Minimum level mark
1. Engine oil filler cap
2. Oil filter cartridge
3. Engine oil drain bolt
1. Oil filter cartridge
2. Oil filter wrench