4. Select ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password.
The Set Password page displays.
5. Type the old password, and type the new password twice.
6. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
View cable modem initialization
You can track the initialization procedure of the cable modem and get details about
the downstream and upstream cable channel. The time is displayed after the cable
modem is initialized.
The cable modem automatically goes through the following steps in the provisioning
1. Scans and locks the downstream frequency and then ranges the upstream channels.
2. Obtains a WAN address for the cable modem.
3. Connects to the Internet.
To view the status of the cable modem initialization:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer that is connected to your cable modem.
2. Enter http://192.168.100.1.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the admin user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select Cable Connection.
The Cable Connection page displays.
The Startup Procedure section displays the initialization progress. The page also
displays the status of all downstream and upstream channels. (You must scroll down
to view all the channels.) The number of downstream and upstream channels that
are locked depends on the number of channels that your Internet provider uses.
User Manual17Manage Your Network
High Speed Cable Modem